Well, here it is, my "new" blog. I put the word new in quotes because this blog is actually the third one I have authored. Yes, I have three blogs and no, I do not write in the other two. They are now defunct and have been for some time and believe me, you would be glad. I only started them because other friends of mine had their own blogs and I wanted to be "cool" like them.
The first blog is a definite foray into the psyche of my 18-year old self. Not surprisingly the posts in this blog consist mainly of entries containing moment-by-moment recaps of my day, my week, my weekend etc. Exciting, no? Occasionally there is a post about "What 90s Nickelodeon show are you?" or "In what Hogwarts House Do You belong?", because that was the cool thing to do. Apparently, people cared. Or maybe they didn't, but I pretended they did.
The second blog documents my three remaining years in college and part of my first post-graduate year. The moment-by-moment recaps continue of course, but substance is sprinkled throughout the blog. It gets self-pitying and depressing around the fall of 2005 with entries full of cryptic messages and why me's. I went through a definite rough patch around then between a succession of deaths, boy problems, pointlessly applying to grad school I didn't want to attend and grappling with the idea that college--the best years of my life thus far--was coming to an end. All I can really do at this point is shake my head at my former self.
Now for my third blog. Ironically enough I was inspired to start this blog for pretty much the same reason I started the aforementioned ones. Though, the timing seemed more appropriate as two months from now I will be starting a new chapter in my life. That always seems to be a reason why people start blogs, right? I will be leaving DC for the Upper West Side of New York City to pursue my masters of arts in Jewish education at the Jewish Theological Seminary. It's exciting, it's nerve-wracking, but it’s perfect blogging material.
So, follow me as I return to roommate living, twin bed sleeping, bathroom sharing, paper writing and test taking; experience with me the trials and tribulations of a first time religious school teacher; and laugh with me as I learn to navigate the next two to three years of my life through the wondrous and never dull Manhattan island.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If I come up with a clever and fun profile for you, will you change your current one?
-jpg
Post a Comment